Monday, September 12, 2011

By Small and Simple Things...

This book is dedicated to the life and memory of
Jake Robb LeRoy
May 9, 2002 - June 16, 2009

This book started for me days after Jake passed away as I had thoughts and feelings come into my heart. I believe it was my precious son who knew what I needed more than I did. He knew I would need to try and find a way to heal and rediscover who I am and to accept the new life I would be forced to live without him.

I want my best friend and loving husband to know that I could not do anything without him and together we will walk hand in hand and embrace our son once again. I am so thankful for you Joel and have been privileged to KNOW you are my celestial partner and together we will conquer this life and be together for time and all eternity.

I am in awe of the wonderful children Janessa, Monique, Tyler, Jake and Brock that I have been blessed with upon this earth. You are all better and stronger than I am! I am honored to be your mother and I pray for help each day to help you reach your full potential and become the wonderful, incredible, beautiful spirits you each are!

By reading this book I hope you will feel the Spirit and the Holy Ghost will penetrate your heart and you will feel the love of our Savior. I have been overcome with emotion and tears on every page it has been emotionally exhausting and exhilarating to try and capture that love and hold onto it.

It will be clear to anyone who reads these pages that I was just living a normal life until Jake entered my life and made it extraordinary. I did not do such a “great job” with Jake, he did a "great job" with me, we were all truly the lucky or blessed ones for having him in our lives.

By small and simple things please try to keep Jake’s memory alive, and always remember to work hard everyday to earn the right to be where he is, with our Savior and Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. oh. so beautiful. you are such a special mom. with so much to share with us to help us learn. i love that you always say you are living your best so you can be worthy to be with him again. you are truly a beautiful strong wonderful soul. xo

    ReplyDelete